LETTER FORMATION - 30 POINTS
- Letters are formed correctly and easily recognizable
- Letters are joined correctly and can be read without difficulty
LETTER SIZING - 25 POINTS
- Letter sizing should be uniform and appropriate to letter type
- Letters should fit in the lines provided
SPACING - 15 POINTS
- Words should be consistently spaced within the lines
- Letters should be spaced and joined in a uniform manner
QUALITY - 30 POINTS
- Page should be free of eraser marks, crossed out words, white out or smudging
- Words are spelled correctly
- Letters should be made with consistent line width and quality
Official Placings & Reasons
Official Placing: 2 - 4 - 1 - 3
Cuts: 1 - 2 - 4
For this class of cursive writing samples, I place this class 2, 4, 1, 3
Placing one at the top of the class due to its great letter formation, all of the letters are easily
recognizable, properly sized in relation to the line and connected in the proper fashion. This entry is also free of any defects on the page, easily bringing it to the top of the class today.
Placing 2 over 4, as the entry at the top of the class today has better spacing for both words and letters.
Placing 4 over 1, Entry 4 does struggle with spacing of words, the words are slightly squished together however I do have to praise Entry number 4 with its letter connections and letter formation.
Placing Entry number 1 in third. Entry number one does have some letters found in the sentence that are not written in proper cursive form, however the spacing being consistent and the lack of smudges and crossed out words gives this entry the advantage over entry number 3.
Placing 3 at the bottom of the class today due to the corrections found on the page. While the letters on this entry are very well formed and there is adequate letter spacing, the crossing out of words is what brings this entry into 4 th for this class today.
For these reasons I place this class of cursive writing samples 2,4,1,3.